Blue Ribbon Dive Resort is located on the Mabini peninsular, just a few hours drive from Manila. We are finally open to International Travel again, and we can’t wait to get back to business as usual.
Blue Ribbon Dive Resort caters to all divers, even soon to be divers. We are a PADI 5 Star dive resort that trains students up slowly and at their own pace, making sure they are safe competent divers by the end of their course. We have multiple full-time instructors, and full time certified divemasters…which is rare in Anilao.
Anilao is often debated to be the top dive destination for muck diving, with a vast number of critters most sought out by underwater photographers. Anilao and the neighboring Tingloy island also has world-class Coral reef diving, with some exceptional sites close to the resort and a little further away. The Verde Island passage brings clear waters to Tingloy, and its famous Sombrero island, offering some amazing coral dives with some exceptional visibility.
Blue Ribbon Dive Resort is now offering Sidemount and Technical Diving courses in addition to our PADI recreational scuba diving courses. While we do still love our macro and critters, Anilao also offers superb caverns and deep walls and an amazing variety of deeper dive sites that next to no other dive shop in the area visits.
We also largely cater for regular fun divers looking to get wet and see either the coral or macro, as well as the underwater photographers, where we can organize private spotters and allow photographers to improve their art.
Jon, one of the owners is a professional underwater photographer and videographer and has worked on Blackwater Documentaries, as well as having a few photography awards under his belt. Jon teaches underwater photography classes and is always around to give some hints and tips. We also have a nice size camera room to look after all your camera gear, with aircon, and air guns, and also a dehumidifier fridge.
Philippines current Entry and Exit Requirements
Entry to the Philippines:
- Fully Vaccinated Travelers: Pre-departure COVID testing is no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers, whether Filipinos or foreign nationals.
- Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated Travelers: A laboratory-based rapid antigen negative test result within twenty-four (24) hours prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin is required for entry to the Philippines.
Additional requirements for foreign nationals:
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months at the time of entry.
- Valid visa, if applicable (for those who are not entitled to a visa-free entry in the Philippines, as well as those with immigrant or non-immigrant status)
- For temporary visitors: valid onward/return ticket
Tourism is fully open again in the Philippines. It was an extremally tough time for all tourism businesses through this time, though now things are pretty much back to normal.
All of our staff are vaccinated, yet now we do not wear masks, or require people to do so. We still have alcohol around the place though.