Who should take this course?
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Younger than 15? 12 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Basic Freediver course and eight year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver course.
What will you learn?
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
How can you start learning now?
Contact us and get the PADI Freediver Touch tablet app. The Touch is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to freedive safely and allows you to learn at your own pace. Your PADI Freediver Instructor will check on your progress and make sure you understand important freediving information.
What freediving gear will you use?
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own.
Check with us about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about everything you need from Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
Learning to progressively go deeper and stay longer on one breath is incredibly satisfying, so don’t wait.
- Enroll in a PADI Freediver course at Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
- Get the PADI Freediver Touch and start studying.
- Download a PADI Freediver Medical History Form (pdf).
- Browse the PADI Freediver Program FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Coming soon: PADI Advanced Freediver Course
Coming soon: PADI Master Freediver Course