Discover the balance and efficiency of sidemount scuba diving with your PADI dive instructor. Many divers find sidemount tanks are more comfortable and easier to put on in the water. Sidemount diving is also beneficial for divers who want improved balance and prolonged dives.
Benefits of Sidemount Diving
- Improve gas management
- Gain insight into basic tech diving techniques
- Experience a different scuba configuration
What you’ll learn
- Assemble and configure sidemount equipment
- Mount scuba tanks in the water
- Adjust your weights for optimal balance
- Frog kick to move easily while wearing sidemount
PADI Sidemount Diver Course Content
Complete your Sidemount Diver eLearning coursework on your computer or mobile device, and connect with your instructor if you have any questions.
eLearning time commintment for the Sidemount Diver course is 2-4 hours.
First, you’ll make a confined water dive to become familiar with sidemount diving equipment. Your PADI Instructor will also teach you sidemount diving skills including: frog kicking, attaching and removing scuba tanks as you enter and exit the water, unclipping a scuba tank and swimming with the tank in front of you, and how to switch second stages and manage your breathing gas when wearing two scuba tanks. When you’re comfortable with these skills, you’ll make three open water dives where you’ll practice your new skills, buoyancy control and problem solving.
Sidemount Diver Course Prerequisites
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification)
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Total time commitment is 2-3 days
P24,000. Course duration 2 days.
Contact us today if you would like to book your PADI Sidemount Diver Course, or have any questions!