Are you finding your no- decompression limits (NDLs) a limiting factor to dives? Do you have to ascend sooner than you would like? As sport divers, planned decompression is not something that we do or have been taught.
The TDI Decompression Procedures Course prepares you for planned staged decompression diving. With a maximum operating depth of 45 metres/150 feet, this course is your first step beyond the normal sport diving limits. The TDI Decompression Procedures Course combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox course form the foundation of all other technical courses.
After these two courses and some additional experience, the stage has been set for you to move onto additional technical levels.
Who the TDI Decompression Procedures Diver course is for:
- The certified Advanced Diver looking to expand their knowledge of decompression theory and diving techniques
- The certified Advanced Diver who is interested in extending their bottom time
- The certified Advanced Diver who has interest in moving forward with technical diving education
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
- Decompression dive planning including:
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc.)
- Decompression diving procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, etc.)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
- Ability to conduct decompression diving activities without direct supervision provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
- Ability to enroll in TDI Advanced Nitrox, TDI Extended Range, TDI Advanced Wreck, TDI Trimix courses
eLearning for this course is available in English and Deutsch.
P28,000. Course duration 2-3days.
Contact us today if you would like to book your TDI Intro to Tech Diving Course, or have any questions!
[yotuwp type=”playlist” id=”PLPsuNoZK2SNBjrQp_LbIzXv9dbGOmoyFQ” ]